There are a wide variety of instruments that are easy for anyone to pick up. For girls, the options are no different. Girls can play any instrument they like, whether that’s a modern yamaha bass guitar or a more classical violin, the options are endless. That is why we have put together this list of the top, most popular and most unique musical instruments girls might like to play. Take a look and see if you would be interested in learning one of these instruments:
- Our Top Pick
- Mendini by Cecilio MAS-L Gold Lacquer Saxophone
- Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar Bundle
- Ceclio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin
- RockJam 61-Key Electronic Keyboard
- Cecilio CCO-100 Student Cello
- Mendini by Cecilio MAS-L Gold Lacquer Saxophone
Our Top Pick
The Mendini by Cecilio MAS-L Gold Lacquer Saxophone is a unique choice of musical instrument for a girl. Its high-quality construction and fast-action keys make it easy for any musician to achieve deep, rich tones. Not to mention, you get several add-ons and each saxophone is upheld to superior quality control. (View On Amazon )
|Picture||Product name||Feature 1 (Weight)||Feature 2 (Dimensions)||Link|
|Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar Bundle||10.05 pounds||45.8 x 6 x 17.8 inches||View on Amazon|
|Ceclio CVN-300 Solidwood Ebony Fitted Violin||5 pounds||32 x 12 x 5 inches||View On Amazon|
|RockJam 61-Key Electronic Keyboard||19.84 pounds||35.4 x 9.8 x 5.9 inches||View On Amazon|
|Cecilio CCO-100 Student Cello||33 pounds||55 x 14 x 23 inches||View On Amazon|
|Mendini by Cecilio MAS-L Gold Lacquer Saxophone||9.9 pounds||26 x 7 x 13 inches||View On Amazon|
A great instrument for any young woman to start with is an acoustic guitar. More specifically, this Fender FA-115 Acoustic Guitar bundle lets anyone, not just girls, start playing right out of the box.
This acoustic guitar bundle features a high-quality spruce top guitar with a gloss natural finish. It also features a sturdy walnut board, rosewood finger bridge, and chrome hardware.
The guitar has a full-sized dreadnought body that produces vibrant and full-bodied sounds, which is ideal for any music style. As such, this guitar is great for any young girl who is still experimenting with her music taste.
What makes this particular guitar stand out is its additional hardware. Apart from the guitar, you also get a gig bag, a guitar strap, picks, extra strings, a digital tuner and an instructional DVD. This way you are all set to kickstart your acoustic guitar journey with little time and money wasted.
Pros & Cons
- The bundle provides everything you need to learn how to play guitar on your own.
- The DVD is helpful in explaining all aspects of caring for your guitar.
- It plays like a $300 guitar.
- The digital tuner makes tuning quick and easy.
- Some users found the bridge construction too fragile and flimsy.
- Some also found that the bridge is not securely attached to the body of the guitar.
A violin is another popular instrument preferred by young women and this Cecilio Violin is a favorite. It is specially crafted to handle all the needs and trials of any beginner or seasoned violinist.
With its handsome maple and spruce construction finished with an antique varnish and ebony fingerboard and fittings, this violin provides superb tone and resonance. This violin is ideal for a young woman or anyone to pick up because of its excellent clarity and impressive responsiveness to the player’s touch.
With it, just about anyone can produce beautiful lively tones that are bright, smooth, and warm. Teaher-approved, the CVN-300 is thought to be the most durable and capable violin in a beginner’s hands.
Along with this violin, you also get a chromatic tuner, a metronome, a lightweight case, and a lesson book. You also get two Brazilian wood bows complete with genuine Mongolian horsehair, an adjustable shoulder rest with rubber feet, and a high-quality cake of rosin
Pros & Cons:
- The violin itself has excellent construction and delivers beautiful sounds.
- The violin’s strings are durable.
- The lesson book is particularly helpful for beginners.
- The add-ons are lower in quality compared to the violin.
- The pegs are flimsy and can affect how you tune your violin.
- It is not made for professional-grade playing.
The RockJam 61-Key Electronic keyboard is a great package deal that allows any musicians of any age, gender or skill level play to the best of their ability.
This digital keyboard is incredibly intuitive and easy to learn. Moreover, if you are an aspiring piano learner sitting on one of those piano stools and wondering if you can actually learn to play, then you definitely can benefit from its smart teaching LCD display. The LCD display shows the correct chords and keys to play as you learn their demo songs. Additionally, it keeps the pace of songs for you so you can consistently play according to the correct rhythm.
This keyboard comes equipped with 100 different keyboard tones and 50 demo songs. You also get a free piano course with an app called Simply Piano, which can help you learn sight reading, practice rhythm, two-handed playing and much more. This way you have a variety of ways to develop your skills.
Moreover, this keyboard is the perfect combination of compact, portability, and sturdy. It also accommodates headphones for private play, but also has built-in speakers for a more resonant sound.
Pros & Cons
- The keyboard stand and stool are sturdy,
- The LCD screen is a great teaching aid.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The headphones are not the best quality.
- The keys are heavy and require some force to play.
- Some founds the keys to be cheaply made.
Other than a violin, another popular instrument is a cello. This Cecilio CCO-100 Cello is an ideal standard cello for anyone to start with.
Made out of a crack-proof spruce top with a maple neck, back and sides, this cello has high-quality construction. Moreover, this cello also comes with a padded, lightweight case with adjustable straps that make it easy to carry around, whether it’s to school, lessons or performances.
For more precise playing, this cello also comes with a maple fingerboard and pegs with an alloy tailpiece with four built-in tuners. This way you can tune your cello easier and with more accuracy.
This cello’s package includes a Brazilwood bow with Mongolian horsehair, a cello stand, replacement strings, bow rosin, and a bridge. Unfortunately, this particular set does not come with a lesson book or beginner guides. As such, this cello would be more appropriate if you are taking up private lessons.
Pros & Cons
- This cello delivers a rich and mournful sound.
- It is easy to assembly this cello.
- The cello’s construction makes it durable.
- The package has a lot of value.
- The cello will not be delivered assembled, but this is to protect it from any in-transit damage.
- The bow sheds hair easily.
- The bow also has a tendency to lose tension and not tighten.
- Some people found inconsistencies with the tuning ability of the cello.
A saxophone could be a great instrument to pick up as a young woman because of its versatility. You can learn it on your own or take lessons, and it can fit a variety of genres. A particular favorite is the Mendini by Cecilio MAS-L Saxophone. Approved by music teachers and academies of music, a Mendini saxophone is an ideal instrument for musicians of all skill levels.
This saxophone features a large bore that makes it easy to achieve a deep, full bodied sound. Each Mendini saxophone is constructed out of 300 handcrafted pieces. The most notable pieces are the the fast action keys that allow for quick, responsive playability. Each saxophone is tested and played at the Cecilio factory to ensure every instrument is up to par.
Lastly, this saxophone package comes with a durable hard-shell case, a neck strap, a mouthpiece with reed and cap, a box of extra reeds, a polishing cloth, and a cleaning rod. Everything you could possibly need to keep your saxophone in the best quality possible.
Pros & Cons
- Its construction feels durable.
- It plays easily and well.
- The touch pads and case are sturdy.
- Key action is easy and smooth.
- Some users found that their mouthpiece cap did not fit properly.
- The provided reeds are not top-quality.
- Some users had issues with tuning.
Finding the best instrument for a girl is less about focusing on her being a girl and more about focusing on where her interests and passions lie. This is only a small glimpse of all the cool instruments a girl can play.
The ones we provided above are just great foundational instruments that can help build up skill over time.
Additionally, each highlight a musical specialty, so you have a lot of options with our list. We hope this list was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments, please share them with us.